Thursday, March 26, 2009

I can still run!

Well, I didn't post about the dismal run I had on Tuesday. It was disheartening to me, as disheartening as when I found out Firefly was cancelled. Man, that was a great show!

Tuesday's plan had been to run 2.5 miles. I was indoors for this run at the gym, on the dreadmill, because there were heavy, heavy clouds out and the forecast was for rain. Terrible rain. Torrents of rain headed our way!!

It didn't rain.

Anyway, so there I am getting started on the treadmill. My day had not been great up to that point and I was tired that day. So as I ran I became agitated and my legs began feeling like lead before even 1/2 a mile in. At 3/4 of a mile I seriously wondered if I could even continue.

What is this??!!?? I ran 3 miles fairly easily just 2 days ago! I can't even get to 1 mile? Oh my was I frustrated. I finally resigned myself to just running 1 mile and calling it a day. It didn't help that as I started running I was hit with the urge to visit the restroom for an extended stay (if you know what I mean).

Disappointed and frustrated I left the gym. I wondered if the people there noticed I was only there for about 15 minutes.

On Wednesday I was feeling better and wanted to try to redeem myself by heading out for a run. Thankfully I actually used my head for once and waited until today, Thursday, for my next run.

Good call, Michelle! I felt GREAT today! Yeah, I had to run on the treadmill again today (it actually was raining this time) but it didn't matter. I was zoned in and had a wonderfully comfortable run. I felt like I could run even farther! I pulled up at 2.5ish miles, though, so my longer run could be this coming weekend.

Ahhhh, it was great to have that tingling, happy, running sensation again! I know it's silly but Tuesday was the first really bad run I've had. I knew I'd have bad runs eventually, but I couldn't help the down feeling I got afterwards and the self doubt of "Maybe I can't do this."

I know, I know. What a goofy attitude. Snap out of it woman! Thankfully the run today reconfirmed that I can do this and maybe I am a runner!

The icing on the cake for the day was that I stayed on my calories. 1450 was my total. Yay!

Now, to resist the temptations of Friday - Sunday.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment