Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Delightful Dinners: Panko Pork Chops

Tonight I decided to make a new favorite of ours: Panko pork chops. There's not much special about the recipe and obviously it's pork chops coated with Panko, but it's mmmmm, mmmmm good!

I like to buy the "breakfast" pork chops. They are thinner than standard chops so they cook faster as well as they are a smaller portion. The chop on the far right didn't look so good so he got retired to the trash.



Along with our chops I steamed some broccoli.



Prepping the chops is pretty easy but does require a few dishes.

First you dredge the chops in a cumin/onion powder/flour mixture. Keep the coating thin and shake off any excess. Then dredge in a mixture of egg white and soy sauce (we like the less sodium type). Finally dredge in Panko.



After all the dredging simply pan cook them for about a minute on each side. I put a couple spritzes of Pam Olive Oil in the pan.



After the pan cooking put them in the oven for about 5 minutes and you're done! Throw a sweet potato on there with the broccoli and it's yummy dinner time!



It was good, my friends, very good.

4 comments:

  1. These were very tasty. However, sweet potato isn't how I roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have taken a picture of the potato you rolled with. =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very yummy. I'll have to try it.

    (I had sweet potato again last night too... Jesse's a FOOL! SP RAWKS!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is close to one of my fav porkchop dishes.. Eggs + Milk. Crush Ritz crackers. Season the chops with your fav. steak seasoning, dip and roll in the ritzy goodness. 375 for 45 minutes.. they down out tender and juicy~~

    ReplyDelete