Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I think I have a touch of patellar tendonitis

Ugh.

I'm having some discomfort, I wouldn't call it minor but I wouldn't call it major either, between my knee and my shin. There is also a swollen lump there.

Google has me 95% convinced it's patellar tendonitis.

My guess is that my weight training session from Sunday brought this about. I did a pretty intense session which included legs. Then yesterday I ran C25K W2D2 with Jesse and had some discomfort. Today it's worse and I noticed the lump.

I took last week really easy and only ran C25K week 1 with Jesse. This week I was planning to get back to my training and preparing for May's 5k. I really think I need to rest more now. Ugh.

I'm just torn between wanting to get out there and do more running and not wanting to further any knee issue by over-doing it.

This sucks.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...if there's a lump, maybe you should get it checked out. Fight the urge to Google these things, it always gets me scared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I always freak myself out it seems.

    I'm resting it for a couple days and icing. If it's persistant I'll go see the doctor about it.

    After thinking about it more I believe an overdone weight session last Sunday may have caused this. I went a bit overboard because I was feeling good that day.

    Ah well, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for posting, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to run but my knees always hurt, I'm always afraid I'm going to cause some damage... maybe I'm just overweight LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand. When I first started I was concerned about my knees too (still am to a point) but realized I just had to go slowly and allow my joint time to strengthen.

    If you love it, keep at it! Just remember there's nothing wrong with going slow both distance and pace wise. I'm certainly a penguin runner! :)

    ReplyDelete