Thursday, April 9, 2009

My new toy: Garmin Forerunner 305!

Woohoo! I got a new toy!

Yesterday my Garmin Forerunner 305 arrived in the mail. I've been using a Polar heart rate monitor for about a year and I like it a lot. However, now that more of my focus is on running I'm needing more data. Thus I decided to get a Garmin.

The 405 was a bit pricey for me and the 205 was lacking the HR monitor which I still wanted, so the 305 was the best option. I picked it up on Amazon for $169.00.

I haven't been able to play with it yet because you have to charge it for a few hours first. So last night it was on the charger. After work today I'll finally get to start checking it out!

More updates to come!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle. I'm definitely adding you to my blogroll!

    Nice toy indeed. I hope you get as good use out of yours as I have from my 101 and 205. Interestingly enough, if I had chosen the 305, I don't think I would have made much use of the HR monitor. But the the footpod accessory that lets you record your indoor treadmill runs on the device too does sound nifty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vince!

    Yeah, I can see where many people would prefer the 205 if they didn't use a HR monitor. I always use my Polar HR monitor so I still wanted the feature.

    I've heard nothing but great things about these Forerunners so I'm excited!

    Thanks for the add!

    ReplyDelete