Sunday, May 24, 2009

Babies Galore Saturday!

Saturday was full of baby news! First, my boss' wife had their baby late Friday night. Welcome to the madhouse Madison!

Also, I had a baby shower to attend to on Saturday. First, though, I needed to get in a quick bite to eat and a run in with Jesse and Cooper.

Pre-run snack: Ezekiel whole grain bread with organic PB. One for me and one for Jesse.



Then off to the park! We snapped a couple pictures of us with our 4-legged running buddy.



Today wasn't the most nutritious day but it wasn't terrible either. I never felt that I over ate which is my biggest battle.

Jesse and I went to Kelley's restaurant for a late breakfast/early lunch before the baby shower. I ordered a dish that came with eggs, bacon, and two pancakes. The thing about Kelley's, though, is that their portions are HUGE! Between my meal and Jesse's we could have fed a family of four.

Here's my main breakfast plate. Jesse shared some of his hash browns with me. I gave him two of my pieces of bacon in exchange.



Look at Jesse's chicken fried steak! Good god that is huge.



My pancakes. They were exactly what I wanted but I only managed to eat about 1/2 of them.



I was stuffed! Good thing, though, as I was able to resist the many temptations that were at the baby shower.

For dinner last night we just had a frozen pizza. This was a extra thin, crispy crust cheese pizza by Red Baron. Not too bad.



That was pretty much my day. Again, not very nutritious, but I felt that I didn't overeat which is a good thing for me.

Today we're planning to catch a movie. Either Angels and Demons or the new Star Trek. Choices, choices. Have a great day, all!

2 comments:

  1. The new Star Trek movie is darn fine flick. Even people that wouldn't have described themselves as "Trekkies" are having a good time at it.

    And was that chicken-fried steak pic necessary? I tacked on half a pound with just a glance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'd like to see the Star Trek movie but the way the timing worked out we saw Angles and Demons. It was good!

    Haha sorry about the pic. I should put a disclaimer on this blog: "Warning, possible unhealthy pics ahead!"

    ReplyDelete