Saturday, May 9, 2009

Delightful Dinners: Turkey Tacos

So, I need to get back on track. This week my eating has not been as good as I'd like. We went out to eat way too many times and restaurants are my bane. I have yet to overcome my mental issues with eating out. I do a lot better than I used to, but I still make poor choices too often.

This evening I wanted to return to healthier eating for the week. I decided on turkey tacos loaded with veggies!

I use ground turkey breast and season it with garlic and onion powder along with, of course, taco seasoning.



These Mission low carb, whole wheat tortillas looked pretty good at the store and were by far the healthiest selection. Some refried beans for Jesse and black beans for me were also on order.



Mmmmm veggies....





Once the turkey was done it was dinner time!



I stuffed my tacos with the sauteed veggies, fresh avocado, fresh tomato, and turkey. They were delicious!



It's so nice to eat food that tastes great and you know is good for you!

Here's to a health filled week!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great. I love the Jennie-O ground turkey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. It's great that the Jennie-O is becoming more common in all the stores.

    Now I sound like a Biggest Loser commercial. lol

    ReplyDelete