Monday, May 4, 2009

Food Review: LaraBar (Banana Bread)

Oh. My. God.

I tried a banana bread LaraBar this weekend and OMG it was DELICIOUS!



Banana bread is one of my favorite treats to have and I don't have it very often. Actually I think it's been a couple years since I've had banana bread. When I opened this LaraBar it was a very dense bar, kinda like if you took a piece of banana bread and smooshed it all together in a dense ball.

The first bite... Mmmmm! Banana bread goodness!

Not only is this bar delicious but it's exactly what I'm looking for in my food: healthy, few ingredients, and worthy of its calories.

Check out the ingredient list for this bar:
almonds
dates
unsweetened bananas

That's it. THAT'S IT!! Love it!

Here's another tid bit from the wrapper:
No sugar added - Unprocessed - Raw - Non GMO - Gluten Free - Dairy Free - Soy Free - Vegan - Kosher

Ok, this is the best bar I've found to date. At 220 calories for banana bread I'm a happy camper.

I have applie pie and cherry pie bars still to try but I imagine I will like them as well. I'm so excited to have found Larabars!

Sorry for the pic of just the wrapper. I tore into that thing in the car on the way home. Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I've been hit or miss with the Larabars. The banana bread flavor was definitely a hit.

    ReplyDelete