Saturday, May 2, 2009

Food Review: Naked Strawberry Banana Smoothie

After my run today I hit up Whole Foods for some goodies. I snagged a few things for breakfast and snacks during the work week.

I also decided to grab a quick lunch. A Larabar and a Naked smoothie were on tap.

I'll review the Larabar shortly, but here are my impressions of the Naked: Strawberry Banana smoothie: SWEET!

Holy god it was sweet. Too sweet for me really. I was surprised that I thought it was too sweet because, well, too sweet just doesn't hit me often.

As I drank the smoothie my mouth started feeling a bit coated and I wish that I had water to wash things down.

The smoothie didn't taste bad, it just wasn't really for me.

I was happy with the calories, the whole bottle was only 240. And the ingredients just listed the fruit that was in the smoothie. I suppose there was just so much fruit puree that the smoothie was very sweet!

I wish that the smoothie was organic, but it simply says "all natural". What the heck does that mean anyway?

So not bad. I wouldn't mind trying some of the other Naked smoothies, but I think next time I will pass on the strawberry banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment