Sunday, May 17, 2009

Living Harvest Hemp Milk

I've been wanting to try some different types of milk lately. It's not that I have a problem with cow milk (I just make sure it's organic), but more out of curiosity and finding the best fit for me.

I picked up Living Harvest Unsweetened Vanilla Hemp milk. I was interested because of all the healthy poly-unsaturated fats in hemp seed. The nutrition info looks great:



Once home I made a cup of tea and poured half a cup of hemp milk out to use as my creamer. First I took a small sip from a glass just to see what it tasted like. It wasn't bad. A bit bland, but I expected that since I got the unsweetened version. I also quickly learned to shake the milk first. It separates quite easily.



When I poured the hemp milk in my tea something not so good happened. The milk separated and stayed that way. It wasn't pretty for sure.



It was grainy looking, but I was still willing to try. Unfortunately the taste was really lacking when it came to my chai. There wasn't any creaminess and I just didn't care for the taste it added to my tea.

I was still willing to keep trying the hemp milk, though, and decided to try it in my oats this morning. More on that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment