Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday's Edibles

Today was a great day both food-wise and just in general.

Once at work I cooked up my oats. Today I added flaxseed meal, organic raisens, a banana, and almonds.





Although I usually eat the same thing for every breakfast (oats) I just love it! Plus I change it up when I want to depending on what I mix in.

Lunch was the cauliflower soup that I made yesterday. I'm sorry to say that it just wasn't too good. I ate about 3/4 of it and was done. The thought of having it again tomorrow is really turning me off! Not sure what I'll do about lunch this week now.

I added an apple and some organic peanut butter to help my lunch out.



Once I got home I decided to put in a workout DVD. I don't do DVD workouts too often but I've been bored lately at the gym. REALLY bored. I figured this might change things up.

I pulled out an old beginner's workout by Jillian Michaels. It was a lot of fun but didn't push me as hard as I need now. I did work up a sweat, though, and my HR monitor said I burned about 175 calories in the 40 minute workout. Not too bad!

Once done with my workout and shower I was ready for dinner!

Mmmm tilapia on the menu! I've gotten better at cooking tilapia and got our fillets just the perfect amount of done. I make a lemony sauce to top it with. A side salad of leafy, dark romaine lettuce and strawberries rounded out my meal. Delicious!



So good!

Tomorrow we are dining out with our friends Gin and Bran. We've decided on Vietnamese food and I'm really looking forward to it! It will be a test for sure, though. Hopefully I will keep control and eat reasonably.

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I used to crave oats all the time, but not anymore. I guess that's ok since I really only have time for a bowl of cold cereal anyway.

    ReplyDelete