Sunday, May 24, 2009

Random thought: How to keep things fresh week long?

I just had a random thought: I should stop at the grocery store at least 2-3 times a week for fresh produce.

The thought came because I'm sitting down to make my weekly shopping list. The problem is the end of the week and weekend are usually devoid of fresh produce because we eat it at the beginning of the week or it goes bad.

Now it's not some great revelation to go get more mid-week, but I just never really thought about PLANNING that.

How do you guys do it? Multiple shopping trips a week?

Hmmmm. I think I'm going to plan a mid-week shopping trip and see how it goes. Frozen pizza shouldn't have to be the only option on the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. You could stop at the store mid week and buy fresh produces or you could buy some of those bags that are suppose to keep veg/fruits fresh longer. If you buy the bags let me know how they work out. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never used those bags. I may check them out. Thanks, Mom! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I generally HAVE to go a couple of times a week because the rabbit goes through fresh Italian parsley (and that stuff gets soft after a few days) like nobody's business. I'll generally buy some staple vegetables and chop them up for use. Or go with frozen (to be steamed or oven roasted).

    ReplyDelete