Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday morning breakfast

After running W6D3 of C25K with Jesse this morning I decided to make my usual breakfast: oats with various mixins. I used to love eating instant oatmeal for breakfast, but recently have switched over to whole, organic oats and adding my own flavor. I tried steel cut oats first, but they just take too long to cook and I often eat breakfast at work.

This morning I added 1 tbsp of flax meal, 1 tbsp of organic peanut butter, a packet of Truvia, some sliced almonds and half a cup of hemp milk.



Are there oats under there?



Yep! Not too colorful. I should have added some fruit! Either way, it was good! The hemp milk was much better in my oats than it was in my tea Saturday.

It was a nice morning to eat in the backyard. The weather was cooler today plus there was a bucking bronco out there!





Who can resist this face?



Cute pup, good food, and nice weather. Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment