Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Up Early" Thursday

Someone look out the window! Are pigs flying? They must be because I managed to get myself up early today to exercise!

After many attempts to get up early to exercise I finally managed to do it. I got up at 5:45 and did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It was great! I enjoyed the workout and it was just nice not getting up just to get ready for work. I'll be trying again tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes.

Once at work I was really hungry. I made my oats with raisins, banana, and flax.



It held me over well and around noon I was ready for lunch. I had a bed of dark salad greens topped with turkey taco meat from last night and 1/3 cup of my pea guacamole. It was even better today! I'm really impressed with that Hungry Girl recipe.



Later it was snacky snack time on some cucumbers.



This evening was a bit out of sorts. Our original plans were to have dinner with a friend but something came up and that got cancelled. I figured Jesse and I would go run and then maybe get some fajitas for dinner.

Well, that plan got dashed too. Jesse had been sleeping poorly all day and wanted to try to get some more rest. So I decided to do some yoga (wow I'm really enjoying Yogamazing) and make a grilled sandwich for my dinner.

Sandwich fixins' including some sauteed onions.



Man I love grilled sandwiches! I had 1/2 a cup of edamame along with my sandwich and made a special fizzy drink. Ok it was just some orange juice mixed with diet 7up, but it was great!



One day I'll give up diet soda. One day...

It's still relatively early in the evening. I'm going to watch the NBA finals game 1 and work on some Silverlight studying.

You guys have a great evening!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! for getting up early.

    If you don't mind slightly crunchy onions, next time just put a whole (rings unseparated) uncooked onion slice (trust me and yeah, I didn't think I liked onions that much either) on your sandwich while you're grilling it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love onions so that does sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh I drink the same fizzy drink, orange juice mixed with diet 7UP. I especially like to drink that when I have been working out in the yard and I'm very hot. Really good! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!! Up early...so...did you get up early on Friday too?!

    ReplyDelete