Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yummy Italian - Wednesday

Hola!

It's thundering outside and I love it. I hope it doesn't stop and ends up raining. I love when it rains IF I'm at home. Hate getting caught out in it.

Today was a pretty good day. I've started listening to yet another podcast (I listen to a few that are about my field of work already). I've started listening to the Fat to Fit Radio podcast. I like it so far. I've listened to two episodes and they are pretty good. You guys should check it out.

This morning started pretty typically. I had oats for breakfast with flax seed meal, almonds, raisins, and a banana mixed in. Mmm!

Some coffee was a nice addition as well.



Today being Wednesday I had lunch out with my friends from work. Italian was the choice and I was determined to eat healthier than I did last time we were there.

I didn't even touch this bread although it looked delicious!



There was pre-meal salad which I did have a little of minus the croutons.



A couple of photos were snapped while we waited for our meal.

Me and Tammy:



Alaina and Christa.



My lunch was from the "lite" menu. It was grilled salmon covered with sauteed tomatoes, spinach, capers, garlic and three plump shrimp. It was very good.

Trust me, there was salmon under there!



Later in the afternoon I had some honey Oikos with almonds, raisins, and the last of my fresh raspberries.



After work I had an appointment to get my hair trimmed. I really like my stylist and am happy with my hair which is unusual. lol I think next time I go I'm going to venture into the world of hair color. We'll see how that goes.

There was a quick stop on the way home to grab peas, a bell pepper, and a avocado for dinner.

I wanted to try the recipe for Holy Mole Guacamole that's in Hungry Girl's new book that Tammy gave me.

The recipe calls for peas which made me skeptical. There aren't many foods that I don't like, but peas happens to be one! I was willing to try, though.

My mashed up peas. I definitely wasn't feeling it at this point.



There really isn't much to show. After mashing the peas I added one mashed avocado, spices, and some chopped onion and cherry tomatoes.

It looks good, but how does it taste?



It was pretty good! Not exactly like guacamole, but pretty darn close. And I didn't really taste the peas (thankfully). I was pleased.

We were having turkey tacos for dinner so I had ground turkey meat cooking along with onions and peppers.





When it was all done I had two drool-worthy tacos filled with turkey, peppers, onions, a heaping spoonful of pea-guac, and a sprinkle of cheese. Yummo!



I was impressed. It was a delicious dinner.

This evening I'm avoiding the usual chai/coffee. I'm a light sleeper and while I don't think caffeine really affects me much I'm going to try laying off of it in the afternoon/evenings to see if I can sleep a little deeper. We'll see.

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment